The Arkansas Brain Injury Support Program offers professional learning opportunities throughout the year and by request on a variety of topics related to brain injury, including:
- Overview of Brain Injury
- Executive Functioning
- Feeding and Swallowing
- Assistive Technology
- Related Services
- Best Practices for Return to Learn
Check out the upcoming events and trainings!
Education Service Cooperatives
- July 25, 2022 – Dequeen – Mena Education Service Cooperative
- July 26, 2022 – Southwest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative
- July 27, 2022 – Arch Ford Education Service Cooperative
- July 29, 2022 – Crowley’s Ridge Educational Service Cooperative
Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) Course
Acquiring the Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) credential is the next step in ensuring you remain a valuable, marketable, and well-informed asset in the field of brain injury services.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Applicants must have 500 hours of currently verifiable direct contact experience with an individual or individuals with brain injury.
- Experience can be paid employment and/or academic internship. Volunteer work and self recovery does not qualify.
- The qualifying experience must have included formal supervision or have been conducted while the applicant operated under a professional license. If the applicant is operating under a professional license, then he/she must be in good standing.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you are interested in taking the CBIS Course, please complete the application below.
Brain Injury Fundamentals Course
Developed by experienced clinicians and rehabilitation professionals, Brain Injury Fundamentals is an all-new training and certificate program designed to address the unique needs and challenges of those who care for or encounter individuals with brain injury. This includes non-licensed direct care staff persons, facility staff, family members and friends, first responders, and others in the community. The mandatory training course covers essential topics such as:
- Guidelines for interacting and building rapport
- Brain injury and behavior
- Medical complications
- Safe medication management
- Families coping with brain injury
If you are interested in taking the Brain Injury Fundamentals Course, please complete the application below.